Feel free to contact us if you would like any further information.
Affinity Teaching School Alliance (ATSA) is a 52 school partnership based across Leicestershire, Rutland and Market Harborough. Established in 2012 as a cohort one teaching school, Affinity now delivers against each of the Big Six priorities set out by the National College for Teaching and Learning.
- Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession
- lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
- identify and develop leadership potential
- provide support for other schools
- designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLE)
- Research and development
All schools who are members of Affinity Teaching School Alliance benefit from effective support to improve learning outcomes for pupils and continued professional development (CPD) of teachers and potential teachers. This is achieved through:
- Improved professional development opportunities for staff
- Access to a wide range of professional support from other teachers
- Recruitment and retention of talented staff, including NQTs
- Additional income from traded activities
- Cost savings through shared functions
- Access to grants to support Teaching Schools
- Improved leadership and teaching standards which yield improved outcomes for children
It is our expectation that all partner schools should be supported fully to become Outstanding schools and have the expertise and capacity to be able to become full contributors to all areas of the teaching school alliance.