School 2 School Support
School 2 School Support
Affinity member schools will be offered a series of health check days with a Local Leader in Education (LLE) or a National Leader in Education (NLE) from the Alliance. These days can be organised however the member school wishes. They may be used for a collective data review, or as teaching and learning review. The member school identifies the area of school improvement they would like to work together on and agrees the activities and outcomes before they start. The support is very much a collaborative approach led by the member school. The main aim should be to use the LLE and NLE to reaffirm judgments and areas of need to support the SEF evidence.
All strategic and partner schools are involved in offering varying levels of school to school support after they have completed a quality assurance audit.
Commissioning School 2 School Support
Each School 2 School Support project will involve an initial due diligence exercise and completion of a report, which will be shared with the School 2 School Support working group. This group will review the most effective support available for the school and will be involved in regular quality assurance reviews of the support provided. All School 2 School Support plans will include exit arrangements and terms and conditions to ensure all agreements/expectations are understood by all parties. Key arrangements for School 2 School deployments will include:
- Due Diligence Report
- Working Group Review
- Action Plan identified with success criteria linked to pupil performance and agreed with Working Group
- Notes of visit and progress reports completed (random sample to be monitored by Working Group)
- Project Evaluation Summary (reviewed with Working Group)
- Next steps action plan for school
All costs for the support programme will reflect the annual agreed Affinity TSA charging policy. It is important to highlight that no school will be able to offer free support, as this places an unfair burden on the supporting school. This is to ensure that all money allocated to each school is spent on its own children.
National Lead Governors
Affinity TSA also works with two highly experienced National Lead Governors (NLG) who are able to support schools with a range of school improvement needs relating to governing bodies including:
- Improving school performance.
- Support the chair of governors to focus on raising standards and leading improvement.
- Help the chair to understand strategic school and academy data.
- Supporting the chair of governors and headteacher, coach a chair of governors to challenge senior leaders and help the chair build their relationship with the headteacher or principal.
- Improving governing body processes, helping the chair of governors to evaluate their own performance and develop their effectiveness and confidence.
- Observe a governing body meeting and provide advice on procedures and behaviours.
- Identify priorities for development and draw up an action plan.
- Provide expertise to help with a governing body’s work.
- Organise additional training and support.
Information about our NLGs can found by clicking the links below: